How we operate
We’re visionaryWe imagine a city with radically improved urban living made possible by world-renowned urban design.
We’re strategicWe’re guided by strategies such as the Auckland Plan, local board plans, town centre plans and the economic development strategy.
We’re place-ledThe identity, attributes and aspirations of the neighbourhoods we work in lead our thinking in everything from engagement to design.
We collaborateWe believe that working together will always create a better result than working alone. We work closely with Auckland Council, councillors, local boards, mana whenua, the private sector, other council and crown organisations and our neighbourhood locals to deliver urban regeneration for Tāmaki Makaurau.
A focus on quality design
We work with the city’s best urban planners, architects and designers to create thriving town centres where people want to work and play.
- Ensuring our designs align with council plans and what the community wants
- Regularly talking to stakeholders and the community to ensure our projects reflect the character and needs of the neighbourhood
- Creating environmentally-friendly developments that incorporate public transport, roads and public spaces for all to enjoy
All our urban regeneration projects need to reflect the people, character and needs of the area, which is why placemaking is crucial to our work.
Through placemaking, the people of a place play a strong cooperative role in the building of their public places. It’s an inclusive approach which can benefit all outcomes – social, commercial, and everything in between.
Working with Māori
Our name shows the unique relationship with have with the kaitiaki of Tāmaki Makaru and the opportunity we have to reconnect Auckland with its Māori heritage through our projects.
Our commitment to Māori falls in to three categories:
- Working towards shared strategic outcomes
- Celebrating Māori cultural identity across the region through design, respect for the environment and social outcomes
- Enabling commercial opportunities for Māori
Sustaining the environment is critical, which is why we integrate it in to everything we do.
- Conserving resources – We conserve resources and reduce carbon emissions through the design and delivery of our urban regeneration projects.
- Green designs – We integrate greenery into our designs to create healthier environments and encourage greater respect for nature.
- Environmentally-friendly lifestyles – If you live in a home we’ve built, it’ll be easy for you to make environmentally-friendly lifestyle choices, such as taking the train or cycling.