Henderson was approved for development as an ‘Unlock’ location by the Auckland Development Committee in December 2015.
- On 2 May 2017, Auckland Council’s Planning Committee endorsed Panuku Development Auckland’s overall plan for Henderson (see Downloads & Resources at the bottom of this page - or read a summary of our plans here).
- The project area covers about 145 hectares. Auckland Council controls 47ha and the Crown 14ha.
- There are nine potentially-developable, council-controlled properties in the project area, with the council’s landholdings consisting of mostly open spaces, as well as some community facilities and services land.
- Panuku has also identified a number of sites that could be enhanced and activated to improve public experience.
- The centre of activity is based in the Waitakere ward area and Henderson-Massey Local Board area, and Panuku will work with these elected members and the community.