About the regeneration of Northcote
More of what we love about Northcote, please.
In short, this is what people want for their place, along with fulfilment of their long-held desire to revitalise Northcote town centre.
Since its birth as two volcanic craters, Northcote has become a multicultural centre with a great array of food outlets and established community facilities.
Add its central location and easy connections to Auckland’s CBD, Takapuna and other North Shore beaches, and the potential of Northcote is unquestioned.
We’re leading urban regeneration here on behalf of Auckland Council. We share in a vision of tomorrow’s Northcote where:
- the safe and well-designed town centre provides even more variety in shops and services
- the food is recognised among Auckland’s best, meeting local needs and attracting visitors
- from kindy to college, there are great schools, and, after that, AUT is just across the road
- well-built new homes offer a range of housing types and reflect changing needs
- there is a better connection to the Awataha Stream, coupled with the creation of a greenway along the riverbed that weaves its way to and through the town centre
- people enjoy improved walking and cycling options, and flood-free parks year-round.
This Northcote will be a place more and more people want to move to. Our plan emphasises the importance of development that strengthens community, respects Māori history and reinforces local character.