The future Ormiston town centre is underpinned by a design that embraces the street and surrounding public spaces setting it apart from traditional closed-in suburban malls, or big-box retail developments.
On behalf of landowner Auckland Council, Panuku is partnering with Todd Property Group to develop the new town centre to the best international urban design standards.
Once completed, Ormiston town centre will feature:
- about 30,000sqm of retail space, including 100 shops and businesses, cafes and restaurants, a three-level car park building, and four major businesses – The Warehouse, the existing Pak’nSave (opened 2015), an additional supermarket and a Hoyts cinema complex
- 500-700 apartments and townhouses – the first 63 terraced houses have been completed
- 5000sqm of commercial space
- a gym and a movie theatre
- transport options including cycleways, pedestrian-friendly streets and laneways, and bus facilities.
We’re working to ensure Ormiston town centre is developed on a commercially successful basis. This will bring economic benefits, both during the construction and through jobs created in the new retail and commercial spaces.