Planning for regeneration
The future that people want for their city centre waterfront is distilled into a number of strategic plans and documents. These plans guide our approach to the Wynyard Quarter regeneration.
Through wide consultation, Auckland Council, former councils and other key organisations gathered public views and expressed the desired outcomes for the area.
The plans are below or linked to and include:
- Auckland Waterfront Vision 2040: published in 2005 by Auckland Regional Council and Auckland City Council
- City Centre Masterplan: published in 2009 by Auckland City Council
- Auckland Regional Plan – Coastal: sets out the regulatory framework for managing activities in the coastal marine area under the Resource Management Act
- The Waterfront Plan: a non-statutory plan under the Auckland Plan, and published in 2012 by Waterfront Auckland (a previous version of Panuku). Sets out the vision, goals and strategy to deliver development projects over 30 years
- The Urban Design Framework 2014: building on previous such frameworks for Wynyard Quarter, it establishes urban design principles and guides development
- Sustainable Development Framework 2013
- Climate Change Adaptation Pathway